Concordia Lutheran Church in Houston, Texas holds services each Sunday at 9 a.m. & Bible study at 10:15 a.m.
A QUICK POP QUIZ - AUGUST 2019
With all of the Back-To-School sales in the stores, the no-sales-tax weekend coming, and kids beginning to dread the fall, we know that school is about to begin again. And, with that in mind, let’s test your Bible knowledge with this “simple” set of questions.
1. On what day did God create beaches?
2. Which king conquered the city of Jerusalem and made it the capital of Israel?
3. What did the Israelites do when they first heard God speak from Mount Sinai?
4. Which prophet condemned David for his adultery with Bathsheba?
5. How were King Saul and King David related?
6. For whom was Moses working when God called him through the burning bush?
7. Which person in the Bible lived the longest?
8. What king threw Daniel into the lion’s den?
9. What prophet was still on the job when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Babylonians?
10. Which brother did Joseph hold as a prisoner in Egypt to test his brothers?
11. Which four disciples are expressly described as fishermen?
12. What was Zechariah doing when the angel of the Lord told him of John’s birth?
13. The Gospel of John says that Jesus was questioned by whom before He went to Caiaphas?
14. Besides Barnabas and Silas, name three of Paul’s traveling companions?
15. Bethel was the home town of what friends of Jesus?
16. In the parable, between what two cities was the man traveling, who was helped by the Samaritan?
17. In the parable, what did the woman lose that caused her to completely clean her house?
18. True or False: Jesus never performed a miracle inside a synagogue.
19. Who was forced to carry Jesus’ cross?
20. Which disciple was a revolutionary?
21. What was the first city conquered by the Israelites in the promised land?
22. What city’s name means “house of God”?
23. What is another name for the Sea of Galilee?
24. On what mountain did Noah’s ark come to rest?
25. Pharaoh is the title of what country’s king?
26. Melchizedek, the priest/king who formed a covenant with Abraham, was king of what city?
27. What city descends from heaven at the end of Revelation?
28. What city was the birthplace of Abraham?
29. On what mountain is Jerusalem built?
30. What Philistine hero came from Gath?
31. Which Gospel writer was probably a Gentile?
32. Can you name one of the Minor Prophets?
33. Which two Gospels were written by Apostles?
34. True or False: First and Second Chronicles cover the same history as Second Samuel and First and Second Kings?
35. Which two Gospels have accounts of Jesus’ birth?
36. Who wrote most of the Psalms?
37. What Old Testament book is only one chapter long?
38. In what language was the New Testament written?
39. What Old Testament book mourns the destruction of Jerusalem?
40. Which Gospel tells us of the Wise Men?
41. Who committed the first murder?
42. Which Old Testament leader’s name is the Hebrew version of the Greek name, Jesus?
43. Which disciple is first mentioned resting under a fig tree?
44. What magician tried to buy the power of the Holy Spirit from Peter?
45. After the flood, what was one of the first things Noah planted?
46. Who was David’s first wife?
47. What was the name of Samuel’s mother?
48. Which judge’s name means “honeybee’ in Hebrew?
49. Who was the first person to see Jesus on Easter morning?
50. Who is the father of Maher-shalal-hash-baz?
That should be enough to get your mind twitching with wonderful activity. It should also send you scurrying through the Good Book to find a few answers.The answers will be given either in the next newsletter, or, earlier, if there is an outcry for verification. And there might be awards for the most correct answers.
In His peace,